Saturday, April 6, 2019

Reflection

I’ve made a few changes to my cover page like the font color and sizes. Since my last post
about the cover, I’ve added the cover image along with the changes. One of the changes
was the font of the subheadings. I had a few issues with making the font legible with the
cover image behind it. After attempting to change the font color to black and also coral, I
decided to try a different font altogether. In the end, a font on Canva called Abril Fatface
was what worked best in my opinion. Since it was a bolder than the last font, it stood out
more against the background. I also made sure that the headings didn’t cover the model’s
hand in the picture. This could be distracting and take away from the cover image.


I wanted to keep my table of contents as simple and easy to follow as possible. I decided to
not include as many pictures so there is less going on. Most of my pictures are in my two
page spread. I wanted to make the text a coral color to add something fun to the page since
every other aspect is pretty simple. I included the main articles that would be in the magazine.
This really only required one page because my magazine is  pretty small.


The two page spread took me the most time as would be expected. Figuring out which layout
fit best for the type of article I was writing took some time. I contemplated making my actual
article one page and then making the other page an advertisement for Ray-Bans. After thinking
more about my article choice and getting advice from my teacher, I decided to make my article
the full two pages without the ad.

In the end I decided to keep it as simple as possible. I used multiple fonts throughout but still
managed to keep the simplicity there. It was most two columns with the item description on the
left side and a picture of the item on the right. The only big change I had to make was using four
items in my article as opposed to five as originally intended. All in all I didn’t have too many issues
with my magazine as a whole apart from the many attempts at layout designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished project

Link to finished project: https://www.flipsnack.com/annique/craze.html