Sunday, February 24, 2019

Initial research...

Today, I have begun to do my primary research on fashion magazines. My teacher advised that the first
thing that we should consider when researching is genre and target audience. These have been a main
focus for other projects that have been done in the past as well such as our music project. The first thing
I googled when beginning research is “how do fashion magazines target their audience.” This seemed to
me like a good place to start seeing as it incorporates both genre and target audience. I learned that
fashion magazines tend to downplay luxurious things. They focus on promoting cheaper and easier
alternatives instead of trying to make the reader feel pressured to acquire an expensive item. An example
would be a headline from Elle magazine: “Style for Less: The Best Under $50!” This would be a good
strategy to use for cover lines in my magazine.


Source: Voltolina, V. (2009, January 19). Fashion Magazines’ New Target Audience: ‘Recessionistas.’
Retrieved from https://www.foliomag.com/fashion-magazines-new-target-audience-recessionistas/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished project

Link to finished project: https://www.flipsnack.com/annique/craze.html